What should I do when I lose my job and source of income due to COVID-19?
- We need to accept the reality that COVID-19 is already here and that it has already affected us in several ways.
- Acceptance will help us look for coping mechanisms to help us deal with this challenging situation.
- Denial leads to a careless lifestyle and makes one not seek help when he/she needs to and can lead to stress and/or depression.
- Talking to a counselor or people you trust about your fears and concerns helps you to avoid suicidal ideations. Sharing also helps you to think and restructure your mind and be able to explore other options of survival.
- When all your options fail to work and you have lost most of the opportunities, always remember that you are not all done. There is still some hope and potential in you.